Here I will talk about some of the work I do on Sesame street.
For my illustration work, please go here.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Elmo's quick to the finish when he reads his spinach!

Here's a poster I worked on in celebration of the Elmo’s Learning Adventures: Triple Feature DVD
In Elmo’s Learning Adventures, one of the features is "Elmo and the Bookaneers", a story about pirates who loved to read. This inspired me to create a Sesame Street spoof based on cartoonist Bud Sagendorf's iconic imagery of Popeye with his spinach (originally created by E. C. Segar). I illustrated this poster, in which Elmo plays the role of Popeye, in hopes of capturing his color palette, illustration style, and feeling of the original. 

I'm happy to say the poster is proving to be very popular and I am thankful that everyone likes this artwork so much. I hope I did Sagendorf and Segar justice!

The Popeye inspired Elmo was posted today, March 8th 2012, on social networks including Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, and more. In less than 24 hours this artwork has received over 1,700 likes and over a 150 shares on facebook alone. 
Please check out our Elmo and Sesame Street Facebook pages!



I'm flattered and honored that the Poster has been placed up on Muppet Wiki today as well. 

We also created a fun activity coloring sheet for families to download for their children.
 



2 comments: